Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: Beware! Of this crook beware! 96FearlessSER

+ Reply To Thread
Posts: 11-20 of 24
2016-03-15 17:24:46
#11
Originally Posted by ztunedsr20
Originally Posted by Chris101
Thanks for the warning. Sorry to hear this happened to you. This reminds me of when my buddy Willie drove 3 hours away to pick up an engine only to find out later it had pieces of engine sitting in the oil pan (it was done) but it was promised to be a 60k mile pristine engine... of course when you looked into the valve cover through the oil cap it looked okay and it 'turned' and oil on dip stick looked okay as well... obviously not very well with pieces everywhere.. some scum out there makes me wonder how they sleep at night. Karma will get them eventually. <-- I have to believe that



Its awful man! Not to mention he look asian but what a bad rep for an asian crook he should be putting the example of how a jdm should be known for,and that dont have the balls to man up and confront this issue he should've been straight up with the condition of this engine not even me that im from mexico and still have better jdm parts than this poor bastard letting orther true asians down


He obviously was not a true asian. I hope you find some resolution.
2016-03-15 20:49:20
#12
That sludge was caused by going thousands of miles over oil change intervals, using regular oil while doing it, and beating on the engine. Probably all of the above. I've seen one other sludge monster VE and that was the one and only one VE I bought from Andreas Miko.
2016-03-15 22:00:59
#13
I probably shouldn't mention this for fear of causing hate issues but my buddy bought his crap engine from an Asian dude with a heavy accent (somewhere in Michigan I think unless he drove to Ohio I forget) and my buddy is not Mexican but from Puerto Rico but his wife is from Mexico if that counts for anything..haha...


things that make you go hmmmmmmmm
Originally Posted by ztunedsr20
Originally Posted by Chris101
Thanks for the warning. Sorry to hear this happened to you. This reminds me of when my buddy Willie drove 3 hours away to pick up an engine only to find out later it had pieces of engine sitting in the oil pan (it was done) but it was promised to be a 60k mile pristine engine... of course when you looked into the valve cover through the oil cap it looked okay and it 'turned' and oil on dip stick looked okay as well... obviously not very well with pieces everywhere.. some scum out there makes me wonder how they sleep at night. Karma will get them eventually. <-- I have to believe that



Its awful man! Not to mention he look asian but what a bad rep for an asian crook he should be putting the example of how a jdm should be known for,and that dont have the balls to man up and confront this issue he should've been straight up with the condition of this engine not even me that im from mexico and still have better jdm parts than this poor bastard letting orther true asians down
2016-03-15 22:24:46
#14
Originally Posted by Chris101
I probably shouldn't mention this for fear of causing hate issues but my buddy bought his crap engine from an Asian dude with a heavy accent (somewhere in Michigan I think unless he drove to Ohio I forget) and my buddy is not Mexican but from Puerto Rico but his wife is from Mexico if that counts for anything..haha...


things that make you go hmmmmmmmm
Originally Posted by ztunedsr20
Originally Posted by Chris101
Thanks for the warning. Sorry to hear this happened to you. This reminds me of when my buddy Willie drove 3 hours away to pick up an engine only to find out later it had pieces of engine sitting in the oil pan (it was done) but it was promised to be a 60k mile pristine engine... of course when you looked into the valve cover through the oil cap it looked okay and it 'turned' and oil on dip stick looked okay as well... obviously not very well with pieces everywhere.. some scum out there makes me wonder how they sleep at night. Karma will get them eventually. <-- I have to believe that



Its awful man! Not to mention he look asian but what a bad rep for an asian crook he should be putting the example of how a jdm should be known for,and that dont have the balls to man up and confront this issue he should've been straight up with the condition of this engine not even me that im from mexico and still have better jdm parts than this poor bastard letting orther true asians down


Dont get me wrong man but i have friends from pretty much any race and i respect every single culture out there and they are pretty down to earth people not to mention here in Colorado its nice to have a great hot! pho- bowl on cold winters , that doesn't give anyone the right to sell or claim something they are selling to be in great condition if its pure crap ! They should be thrown to jail for this type of scams its hard working money i paid! Im mad, im disappointed of myself, i wanna quit this sr game i could even loose my job for not having a reliable car that i thrusted someone to buy a good working engine, heck if i would've known i would've bought a nismotronic sa package and still use my boosted b14 on e85 or something dang! WHERE DOES THE TRUSTWORTHY PEOPLE EXTINCT?
2016-03-15 23:09:15
#15
3 hours and knowing where the man works? oo hell yeah i would be there
2016-03-16 17:27:32
#16
Originally Posted by ztunedsr20
not to mention here in Colorado its nice to have a great hot! pho- bowl on cold winters ...


I'm in love with the Pho bowl!

2016-03-16 18:17:45
#17
OK, oil light came on which means low pressure. Most likely sludge was clogging things up causing this. Did you happen to change the filter as well?

You added Sea Foam, which is good stuff, but you didn't let it run very long (they actually recommend adding this 100-200 MILES before the upcoming oil change), and for that level of sludge it wouldn't have done anything at all. What I always recommend is a motor flush like Gunk Motor Flush, there are some other ones out there but I can always find this locally. You can run this for 5-10 min at an oil change and it cleans up things pretty well.

Have you had a chance to check out the engine any further see see why it is seizing, or if it still is? If oil actually wasn't flowing during your drive, there may have been some excess wear or at least heat causing problems.

You can pull the fuse for the fuel pump, pull the valve cover, and have someone crank it a few times for you, verify that oil is pumping out of the squirters up top before doing anything more, make sure that's looking good before trying to run it again.
2016-03-17 00:44:14
#18
$840 + 6 hours of time and gas money? Couldnt you've saved a lot by just ordering one shipped around the pregas money funds from a reputable dealer? I know its hindsight, but I plan on getting a VE myself in the future so I appreciate putting this guy on front street as someone to avoid
2016-03-17 04:31:46
#19
Originally Posted by morgans432
3 hours and knowing where the man works? oo hell yeah i would be there

Blown engine still in car , dont have the time or the motivation to even open the hood
2016-03-17 04:35:14
#20
Originally Posted by jimbo_se-r
OK, oil light came on which means low pressure. Most likely sludge was clogging things up causing this. Did you happen to change the filter as well?

You added Sea Foam, which is good stuff, but you didn't let it run very long (they actually recommend adding this 100-200 MILES before the upcoming oil change), and for that level of sludge it wouldn't have done anything at all. What I always recommend is a motor flush like Gunk Motor Flush, there are some other ones out there but I can always find this locally. You can run this for 5-10 min at an oil change and it cleans up things pretty well.

Have you had a chance to check out the engine any further see see why it is seizing, or if it still is? If oil actually wasn't flowing during your drive, there may have been some excess wear or at least heat causing problems.

You can pull the fuse for the fuel pump, pull the valve cover, and have someone crank it a few times for you, verify that oil is pumping out of the squirters up top before doing anything more, make sure that's looking good before trying to run it again.

Did 3 oil changes with 2 new oil filters, haven't touched car sincethat morning not sure what ill be doing next
+ Reply To Thread
Quick Reply
Thread Information
There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
StubUserName

Back to top