Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: SR20 Shimming Tools

+ Reply To Thread
Posts: 61-70 of 77
2009-01-14 22:51:01
#61
Originally Posted by jer_760
If you would have messaged him back saying that you had no idea of how else he could get ahold of him, that would be one thing. But you and a few other locals just ignored the PM's and posts, so that shows exactly what kind of person you are. Coheed was the only one to actually respond, even though he couldn't help. Feel free to respond, although I will not post in this thread again, nor do I feel the need to read further.


Wrong, I responded. But only knew his email, and that his shop was in a city that is about 45 minutes from my house. HP10T is not a bad guy by far, I'd trust him with anything that had to do with my car and I've gone to him when we have problems on our local forum.
Truth is we (the local forum) didn't know where his shop was because he moved it at some point, I even asked around since I was owed things too. But I didn't get very far either.
2009-01-15 01:48:10
#62
Originally Posted by squabzter
Wrong, I responded. But only knew his email, and that his shop was in a city that is about 45 minutes from my house. HP10T is not a bad guy by far, I'd trust him with anything that had to do with my car and I've gone to him when we have problems on our local forum.
Truth is we (the local forum) didn't know where his shop was because he moved it at some point, I even asked around since I was owed things too. But I didn't get very far either.


That is right. He is just talking in generalities so there is no finger pointing. The thing that is so frustrating to me is so many people vouched for him and said he was a great guy that were local to him. Then when stuff started getting hairy NOBODY knew him or where he was. It seems he took everybody for a ride and nobody wanted to admit it was going on even to themselves.

I think we all are on the same page now. And I will reiterate this is a community. We just need to stop being so argumentative, and just say yeah it is Tom's fault.
2009-01-15 04:04:53
#63
Originally Posted by wnwright
That is right. He is just talking in generalities so there is no finger pointing. The thing that is so frustrating to me is so many people vouched for him and said he was a great guy that were local to him. Then when stuff started getting hairy NOBODY knew him or where he was. It seems he took everybody for a ride and nobody wanted to admit it was going on even to themselves.

I think we all are on the same page now. And I will reiterate this is a community. We just need to stop being so argumentative, and just say yeah it is Tom's fault.


Honestly BigTom has been a unreliable for a long time now. If you search the old forum you will see some questionable things. I have been around since 02. Maybe he will come around he did for others.
2009-01-15 19:13:56
#64
Originally Posted by wnwright
That is right. He is just talking in generalities so there is no finger pointing. The thing that is so frustrating to me is so many people vouched for him and said he was a great guy that were local to him. Then when stuff started getting hairy NOBODY knew him or where he was. It seems he took everybody for a ride and nobody wanted to admit it was going on even to themselves.

I think we all are on the same page now. And I will reiterate this is a community. We just need to stop being so argumentative, and just say yeah it is Tom's fault.


Dude he is an outstanding guy but seems to have hit hard times the last year or so. Since he moved to Utah I have become good friends with him, he has gone to the bar with me and gone to eat at my families. That is why I have always vouched for him, hard times hit and he decided to deal with them, in my opinion, an irresponsible manner.

And to clarify he never really had a shop, he worked out of his house which he has not lived at for a very long time and from my understanding the house has sold. So in short he had no shop, no residence, nothing to track him down with here.
2009-01-15 19:34:30
#65
Originally Posted by HP10T
Dude he is an outstanding guy but seems to have hit hard times the last year or so. Since he moved to Utah I have become good friends with him, he has gone to the bar with me and gone to eat at my families. That is why I have always vouched for him, hard times hit and he decided to deal with them, in my opinion, an irresponsible manner.

And to clarify he never really had a shop, he worked out of his house which he has not lived at for a very long time and from my understanding the house has sold. So in short he had no shop, no residence, nothing to track him down with here.


Understandable. I think we all feel hurt from his actions and hearing this I think he hit you on a personal level also even. From my life experiences it is best to judge somebody's true character in the hard times, because that is when it truly comes out.

I was very surprised when I first found out he wasn't actually doing any of the work to my stuff. That isn't what he had told me before I sent my stuff and money. And his house appeared to be foreclosed a while ago when I dug up stuff on him several months ago.
2009-01-15 19:48:47
#66
Originally Posted by wnwright
Understandable. I think we all feel hurt from his actions and hearing this I think he hit you on a personal level also even. From my life experiences it is best to judge somebody's true character in the hard times, because that is when it truly comes out.

I was very surprised when I first found out he wasn't actually doing any of the work to my stuff. That isn't what he had told me before I sent my stuff and money. And his house appeared to be foreclosed a while ago when I dug up stuff on him several months ago.


Yea it is too bad, I thought we were really good friends but never hear from him any more and the only person I know that sees him is my roommate that works at Nissan when Tom needs something fixed on his car since he doesn't have a shop any longer. I guess we all live and learn, I do hope that he is doing ok as I know he has been going through alot but I highly doubt I will ever hear from him again since the last thing he told me is he was moving to Mexico to live on a fishing boat.
2009-01-26 02:27:42
#67
Originally Posted by HP10T
Sorry to hear about your problems but just because we are local to Tom doesn't mean we are going to take time away from our own lives just to fix your problem. We have no idea where he lives, where he works or what hours. We all have our own issues with him and personally I wasn't going to jeopardize getting my own stuff from him by trying to collect for you when it has nothing to do with me. I got an engine from him that probably isn't any good but at least got something and am leaving it at that. If you want to hire a private investigator to take the time to track him down be my guest but don't lay blame on the locals because you can't reach him, we have just as hard of a time finding/reaching him as you do.


Originally Posted by HP10T
Me wasting my time to help someone I don't know has nothing to do with morals or being a coward, just shows how ignorant you are. Tom is the hardest person to get a hold of you wouldn't even understand. If I knew where he was I would tell anyone that wanted to know but I don't so how am I supposed to track him down? I don't even know where he lives. He never has a place of his own so there is no way to find him that way, he never gives out personal information which makes it impossible to track him down also.

Me having stuff that I needed from him has nothing to do with telling someone else where he works because if I knew I would tell you. The only reason I got my stuff from him is he showed up to my house out of the blue when I had tried calling him numerous times previously and left numerous messages regarding the issue when he wouldn't contact me back. It was a miracle to say the least.

I knew he got his stuff, I was addressing his comment about how the locals were not willing to help, which I have been wanting to do for a long time but kept forgetting. You can only help someone if you have something offer them, am I right? How were we supposed to help wnwright if no one had any information to offer him.


Originally Posted by HP10T
Maybe I was too busy to let him know, I KNEW NOTHING. I don't care if you read this thread any longer, maybe it is because you realized how stupid you were in your post saying I was a coward.
You don't know what kind of person I am so you have no right to judge me by a post on a forum lol. Not that it matters anyways because I bet I will never talk to you or see you in my life but I am one of the most honest, trustworthy people you will ever meet.


Originally Posted by HP10T
Dude he is an outstanding guy but seems to have hit hard times the last year or so. Since he moved to Utah I have become good friends with him, he has gone to the bar with me and gone to eat at my families. That is why I have always vouched for him, hard times hit and he decided to deal with them, in my opinion, an irresponsible manner.

And to clarify he never really had a shop, he worked out of his house which he has not lived at for a very long time and from my understanding the house has sold. So in short he had no shop, no residence, nothing to track him down with here.


Originally Posted by HP10T
Yea it is too bad, I thought we were really good friends but never hear from him any more and the only person I know that sees him is my roommate that works at Nissan when Tom needs something fixed on his car since he doesn't have a shop any longer. I guess we all live and learn, I do hope that he is doing ok as I know he has been going through alot but I highly doubt I will ever hear from him again since the last thing he told me is he was moving to Mexico to live on a fishing boat.


All vital information is highlighted in bold...

Let me get this straight, as your logic seems flawed. (Don't take this the wrong way, just setting the record straight).

You say you know nothing, and you don't know where he lives, yet you tried calling him on several occasions? So you had a phone number? Interesting. Phone numbers can easily be traced to a residence, as you're required to provide one with verification of address, before you get a phone.

You don't know where he lives, but he's been to the bar with you and to your house for supper. Sounds like a true friend.

You know he didn't have a shop, and he was working out of his house. How do you know this? Did he come to your doorstep to pick up your motor that you received back all jacked up? Or did you meet him somewhere half way, which should have seemed shady?

You know your room-mate sees him, because he doesn't have a shop anymore. So which is it? He had a shop at one time, or he never had a shop???

In the same sentence, you also say that the last time he spoke with you, he was headed for mexico to be on a fishing boat... When did you find out this information? Why is this only now being mentioned? Does everyone that has parts due to them know this information? Do they have his number that you seemed to have called him on numerous times, without success?

2009-01-27 04:12:10
#68
Originally Posted by TeKKiE
All vital information is highlighted in bold...

Let me get this straight, as your logic seems flawed. (Don't take this the wrong way, just setting the record straight).

You say you know nothing, and you don't know where he lives, yet you tried calling him on several occasions? So you had a phone number? Interesting. Phone numbers can easily be traced to a residence, as you're required to provide one with verification of address, before you get a phone.

You don't know where he lives, but he's been to the bar with you and to your house for supper. Sounds like a true friend.

You know he didn't have a shop, and he was working out of his house. How do you know this? Did he come to your doorstep to pick up your motor that you received back all jacked up? Or did you meet him somewhere half way, which should have seemed shady?

You know your room-mate sees him, because he doesn't have a shop anymore. So which is it? He had a shop at one time, or he never had a shop???

In the same sentence, you also say that the last time he spoke with you, he was headed for mexico to be on a fishing boat... When did you find out this information? Why is this only now being mentioned? Does everyone that has parts due to them know this information? Do they have his number that you seemed to have called him on numerous times, without success?



LOL way to waste your time disecting my comments. Way to go , you say my logic is flawed yet you failed to take into account the timeline of events as I never did give anyone a timeline for anything that happened. My comments were in regards to events that occurred form the time he moved to Utah until the last time I saw him when he simply showed up with a motor for me. Maybe you ought to worry about something else and make yourself more productive. It is over at this point as far as I am concerned as everyone else has dropped it except you so there is no explaining needed any longer. Thanks buddy..
2009-02-03 14:35:53
#69
Originally Posted by HP10T
LOL way to waste your time disecting my comments. Way to go , you say my logic is flawed yet you failed to take into account the timeline of events as I never did give anyone a timeline for anything that happened. My comments were in regards to events that occurred form the time he moved to Utah until the last time I saw him when he simply showed up with a motor for me. Maybe you ought to worry about something else and make yourself more productive. It is over at this point as far as I am concerned as everyone else has dropped it except you so there is no explaining needed any longer. Thanks buddy..



I claim boredom.
2009-02-12 05:55:12
#70
i dont think everyone has droped it. everyone just figured they were not going to get there s hit so they stop posting but in the back of there mind they want there stuff back and money
+ Reply To Thread
Quick Reply
Thread Information
There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
StubUserName

Back to top