Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 98 of 98
  1. #81
    SR20VE-T Boost Junky!
    User Info
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Washougal, Washington
    Posts: 9,787
    Feedback Score: 17 (100%)

    Default

    regrounded map an iat sensors independently off the strut bolts and everything seems good now

  2. #82
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    How are things running now?

    I just installed mine and will calibrate the IAT tonight. Hoping to get some good logs in and setup my tables before winter hits. I will not have a MAF come summer. I will post back on my experiences.
    Likes OnTheChip, greezmonkey Liked this post
     
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  3. #83
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    So i have a few logs. I have adjusted the load values on the secondary map and straightened out the values so lines do not cross. What else can i gain from the logs before trying to run on SD?
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  4. #84
    SR20VE-T Boost Junky!
    User Info
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Washougal, Washington
    Posts: 9,787
    Feedback Score: 17 (100%)

    Default

    Careful when adjusting it so the lines dont cross, sometimes for what seems no reason at all they will get all tangled up again.. not sure what causes it but it tends to piss me off an from what I can tell is it only does it when you are using the graph. So double check!

  5. #85
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    I got rid of the MAF last fall before i put the car away. I had to cut the fuel map values in half (100 down to 50 at idle) to get it to run. Not sure if i missed something or what. I set up the IAT table according to my readings with a cup of water and my Fluke temp probe. I did each point in the table to get as accurate of a table as possible. Is there something i should look at on why it would be this far off? I was logging runs with the MAP and IAT connected for a few weeks before switching and everything was good. I will be doing a few things before i will be starting the car again, I just needed it running to get it on and off the trailer.
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  6. #86
    NismoTronic Guy
    User Info
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: PA
    Posts: 1,364
    Feedback Score: 10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirlz View Post
    I got rid of the MAF last fall before i put the car away. I had to cut the fuel map values in half (100 down to 50 at idle) to get it to run. Not sure if i missed something or what. I set up the IAT table according to my readings with a cup of water and my Fluke temp probe. I did each point in the table to get as accurate of a table as possible. Is there something i should look at on why it would be this far off? I was logging runs with the MAP and IAT connected for a few weeks before switching and everything was good. I will be doing a few things before i will be starting the car again, I just needed it running to get it on and off the trailer.
    You CANNOT use the same fuel map style for the SD fuel table as you would for a MAF.

    I suggest importing the fuel table from a SD calibration in the startup cal folder.
    Likes lynchfourtwenty, OnTheChip Liked this post
     
    NismoTronic
    NEMU SA Tuning Package : Speed Density using the OEM ECU!
    Dyno Tuning Services
    NismoTronic Facebook Page

  7. #87
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKTUNING View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirlz View Post
    I got rid of the MAF last fall before i put the car away. I had to cut the fuel map values in half (100 down to 50 at idle) to get it to run. Not sure if i missed something or what. I set up the IAT table according to my readings with a cup of water and my Fluke temp probe. I did each point in the table to get as accurate of a table as possible. Is there something i should look at on why it would be this far off? I was logging runs with the MAP and IAT connected for a few weeks before switching and everything was good. I will be doing a few things before i will be starting the car again, I just needed it running to get it on and off the trailer.
    You CANNOT use the same fuel map style for the SD fuel table as you would for a MAF.

    I suggest importing the fuel table from a SD calibration in the startup cal folder.
    Will do. Thank you.
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  8. #88
    Member
    User Info
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Finland
    Posts: 930
    Feedback Score: 4 (100%)

    Default

    A picture explains this quite clearly:


    I almost did the same thing when I installed my MAP sensor
    Likes Boostlee, OnTheChip Liked this post
     

  9. #89
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    I have not messed with the software since last fall, while data logging does it log the MAP fuel table value as well? This would help me more accurately set up the initial table. I will update the software this weekend and start poking around to get myself familiar with it again.
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  10. #90
    TunerCode, it's OnTheChip
    User Info
    Join Date: May 2009
    Location: NC
    Posts: 939
    Feedback Score: 1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirlz View Post
    I have not messed with the software since last fall, while data logging does it log the MAP fuel table value as well? This would help me more accurately set up the initial table. I will update the software this weekend and start poking around to get myself familiar with it again.
    Yes, "Fuel Map Value" is logged on the "Data Screen".

    Dave

  11. #91
    MoreNuttyThanASquirlTurd
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Madison, WI
    Posts: 3,002
    Feedback Score: 47 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheChip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirlz View Post
    I have not messed with the software since last fall, while data logging does it log the MAP fuel table value as well? This would help me more accurately set up the initial table. I will update the software this weekend and start poking around to get myself familiar with it again.
    Yes, "Fuel Map Value" is logged on the "Data Screen".

    Dave
    I knew it logged the "Fuel Map Value" but I was wondering if it did the conversion and also logged the comparable SD Fuel Map Value when running off the MAF. I updated the software and reviewed some logs but it does not log the SD value. I imported the fuel table over from the SD start up TCD. Since this is NA I copied over the load (20-100kpa) and RPM scales, then copied the column at 102 kpa and pasted it at my new end column of 100 kpa. Then I extrapolated the cells in between to get my new table. Once I get the car back together I will tune from there, does anyone see any issues in doing this?

    Thanks as always for your help
    92 Infiniti G21 - 242 WHP & 182 Ft-LBs (Mustang Dyno) - NA 88mm 12.5:1 VE, N1 cams, Xcessive Intake, Q45 TB, Mazworx Header, 3" Exhaust, Nismotronic ECU on MAP and IAT.
    View The Build Here

  12. #92
    SR20VE-T Boost Junky!
    User Info
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Washougal, Washington
    Posts: 9,787
    Feedback Score: 17 (100%)

    Default

    Lol, bro I don't think that's how it works.. wish it was..

    Your going to have to start from scratch on the sd fuel map But the one thats provided with the sd tunes is a good starting point.

  13. #93
    Member
    User Info
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: CA
    Posts: 726
    Feedback Score: 5 (100%)

    Default

    Can anybody share their tcd file for the map sensor setup?

  14. #94
    SR20VE-T Boost Junky!
    User Info
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Washougal, Washington
    Posts: 9,787
    Feedback Score: 17 (100%)

    Default

    No, your going to need to start with the one included in the nismotronic start up calibration folder, nismotronic isn't like nistune or calum where tunes can be shared so easily, there's more involved, setups differ..


    Once u get the tune loaded tailor it to your setup, meaning set your wideband up, map, iat, and whatever else.. like injectors and Maf..

  15. #95
    NismoTronic Guy
    User Info
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: PA
    Posts: 1,364
    Feedback Score: 10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datsun_sky View Post
    Can anybody share their tcd file for the map sensor setup?
    You can always shoot me an email and I can help you get setup with a file that will at least get you in the ballpark!
    Likes 1fastser Liked this post
     
    NismoTronic
    NEMU SA Tuning Package : Speed Density using the OEM ECU!
    Dyno Tuning Services
    NismoTronic Facebook Page

  16. #96
    I have an inventory!
    User Info
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Posts: 3,307
    Feedback Score: 22 (100%)

    Default

    I always thought it would be a money maker if someone made a VE tube with the bung and elbow for the iacv at 2.5 and 3" - much like *gasp* overkill engineering motorsports did back in the day for our VE's but with the MAP Bung in it. I'd pay for one, and I know I'm not the only one - sick of looking at my ghetto fab job.

  17. #97
    SR20VE-T Boost Junky!
    User Info
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Washougal, Washington
    Posts: 9,787
    Feedback Score: 17 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canx2k View Post
    I always thought it would be a money maker if someone made a VE tube with the bung and elbow for the iacv at 2.5 and 3" - much like *gasp* overkill engineering motorsports did back in the day for our VE's but with the MAP Bung in it. I'd pay for one, and I know I'm not the only one - sick of looking at my ghetto fab job.
    The map sensor plugs into the manifold..

    The iat does go into the intake pipe tho.. I been learning to weld, maybe I can come up with something

  18. #98
    I have an inventory!
    User Info
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Posts: 3,307
    Feedback Score: 22 (100%)

    Default

    Iat yes that's what I meant sorry the photo on nismotronic website shows an excellent example, though the bung should be inward facing so it's not so obvious

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top