Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Oh well....
    User Info
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Philly Burbs
    Posts: 6,574
    Feedback Score: 46 (98%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nismo94tuner View Post
    Hmmm. Might be off by a tooth. Everything else is on and good? Sure you didnt unplug something by accident?
    Pretty sure, all I did was remove a few hoses and the spark plug wires to get the valve cover off. Unless I'm nuts I put them back on right, as they are numbered 1-4. Going to pull the valve cover again in a few min
    Jordan
    '98 SE-R, '12 Versa Hatch & '14 Juke Turbo
    Music - - My SR20 website

  2. #42
    ADMINISTRATOR
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Dallas, TX
    Posts: 2,234
    Feedback Score: 19 (100%)

    Default

    Take plug #1 out, and stick a long screwdriver down the hole. Rotate the engine slowly until the screwdriver indicates TDC, then take a clear pic showing the cam gears, and the chain.

    C
    cogito ergo zoom................
    1994 SE-R / DE+GT2560R / S4 / Nismo LSD / Calum Realtime/ 15x7 RPF1 / Hyperco - AGX. Just about stock.
    1995 Turbo Miata R Package / GT2560R NA is best, Bro / VVT engine /Megasquirt / Flyin Miata suspension / 15x8 949 6UL

  3. #43
    -marsh tuned-
    User Info
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: ahead of SE-Rican
    Posts: 4,767
    Feedback Score: 20 (100%)

    Default

    Do what Chris said and report back. Only way you will figure it out. If you pull all the plugs and get a socket to fit the crank pully bolt, you can spin the motor pretty easily. Do it till you are at TDC.
    -Bes
    SR20DEEP

  4. #44
    Member
    User Info
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: FL
    Posts: 731
    Feedback Score: 2 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    Pretty sure, all I did was remove a few hoses and the spark plug wires to get the valve cover off. Unless I'm nuts I put them back on right, as they are numbered 1-4. Going to pull the valve cover again in a few min
    How about that plug near the distributor? The one near that hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake hose.

    Also, by experience I know the car will start still having a tooth off either back or forward. If your car does not start is may be a plug or may be u r more than a tooth off. Please get a picture
    PEACE!
    '93 Sentra SE-R
    '99 Sentra SE-L
    http://www.cardomain.com/member/mrserb13/

  5. #45
    Oh well....
    User Info
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Philly Burbs
    Posts: 6,574
    Feedback Score: 46 (98%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr SE-R View Post
    How about that plug near the distributor? The one near that hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake hose.

    Also, by experience I know the car will start still having a tooth off either back or forward. If your car does not start is may be a plug or may be u r more than a tooth off. Please get a picture
    Hmm, interesting. I remember when my friend broke a rocker arm in his '97 SE-R we had to take the cams out to replace it and he ended up being off by a tooth and it was doing the same thing, feeling like it wants to start but not quite there. I just adjusted the chain again and still the same thing, argh this is the 5th cam swap I've done and never had any problems. So bizarre
    Jordan
    '98 SE-R, '12 Versa Hatch & '14 Juke Turbo
    Music - - My SR20 website

  6. #46
    Oh well....
    User Info
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Philly Burbs
    Posts: 6,574
    Feedback Score: 46 (98%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscar View Post
    Take plug #1 out, and stick a long screwdriver down the hole. Rotate the engine slowly until the screwdriver indicates TDC, then take a clear pic showing the cam gears, and the chain.

    C
    Okay thanks, I will have to do that and work on it more tomorrow because I am running out of light (no garage )

    On the plus side I am becoming an expert at removing and reinstalling the valve cover. By now it's taking me less than 5 minutes.

    Edit: will be working on it again tomrw, if it doesn't rain. Has been raining for 2 days
    Last edited by Storm88000; 03-31-12 at 11:33 PM.
    Jordan
    '98 SE-R, '12 Versa Hatch & '14 Juke Turbo
    Music - - My SR20 website

  7. #47
    Oh well....
    User Info
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Philly Burbs
    Posts: 6,574
    Feedback Score: 46 (98%)

    Default

    Well, snapped the intake cam at the sprocket. Not a huge deal, live and learn, got them cheap and I have 2 other cars and it's not my DD - but, damn. 5th cam swap and never had any problems like this. I failed. It's funny, I bought this car just for fun and to relieve stress and have something to play with & work on, and now it's caused (or I caused) more stress anyway.

    Going to meet up with sernewbie to get the C2 cams installed and retainers this weekend
    Last edited by Storm88000; 04-05-12 at 02:29 AM.
    Jordan
    '98 SE-R, '12 Versa Hatch & '14 Juke Turbo
    Music - - My SR20 website

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top